October 8, 2009

Silver M&M's

Most of what I write about will come as a surprise to people I know. Hell, the fact that I even created a blog will be a little strange. Some people have told me that it's a great medium to express my thoughts thru, and others think I'm almost funny enough to hold the attention of whoever is willing to give this a read. One kid really encouraged it, I guess he thought that I could use it as a place to spit out all my random thoughts and gibberish, like space and time being essentially the same thing, and thoughts about going back 5 minutes in time so I could have chosen not to eat that silver m&m. Normally I would just dump all that nonsense (seriously it makes sense if you think about it, Jeremy) on him thru IM nightly, but now I figure I can just type away all that I ponder here, so that it is at every one's disposal to read and enjoy.

I had a job this summer that required (motivated, I should say) me to write an article for a newsletter once a week. Honestly, there was not one guideline or restriction as to what one could talk about in these articles (although I was disappointed when the director made me lengthen my final article of the summer...it could have been an awesomely epic 2 lines of farewell-esq greatness, but no. I was forced to add to it. Sometimes less is more, and that was some time, believe me.) Most of the time you would find yourself reading about a typical summer day or an epic adventure to Palisades Pizza. But by the end of the next page, you could have received an entire biography on Thomas Kinkade, the self-proclaimed "most-collected living artist in America," better known as "The Painter Of Light." I cannot lie, his work is amazing. Aside from his totally conceited personality, I would have to say that he is an okay guy. But, to make it clear, we worked at a day camp...not an independent travel agency that boasted about their lovely trips to California, or the birthplace of perhaps the most arrogant artist of all time (which is coincidentally California too...damn, that makes that joke a whole lot better). These articles became the base of my writing inspiration. I loved writing them week after week, and I couldn't stop just because camp ended in august. I didn't enjoy it enough to the extent that I would end up pursuing a major in journalism like my sister did (she has that day camp to thank for her career path) but it also wasn't something that I was going to give up on so quickly. To be honest, the articles I wrote in July were much more extravagant than what I am portraying to you now, but that's only because anyone outside of the camp would think we were all crazy if we continued to express ourselves in the same manner we did during the summer. No worries though, I tend to write crazy things that I don't think are crazy at the time I'm writing them, and I only realize that they are crazy when someone comes up to me and says, "Hey Spencer! That was crazy!" Then I'll be like "You think so?" Then he'll be like "Of course dude, only a crazy person would write such a crazy thing." Then I'll get nervous because multiple people will show up to openly mock me as they all say in unison, "You're crazy!!!"


So ya know, that's that...and that.

There is a beginning to everything, so I figured I should state my reasons for opening up my mind to the interweb now, especially if I plan to continue this. If I didn't talk about how it all originated, than I'd have to go back and explain the matter later on, after I became famous for my blogs ("You're crazy Spencer!"). I guess prequels can be really exciting though, I mean just look at Star Wars. If George Lucas didn't make his inter-galactic creation in the fashion that he did, then Harrison Ford would be playing Han Solo while he was like 60 years old. Think of Indiana Jones, you know the new one with Shia LaBeouf? That's just no good. Es no bueno!! (yeah I feel for the Hispanics reading this)...Shit just ain't rite yo!! (can I say that's for all y'all speaking Ebonics without sounding racist?) Ce n'est pas une bonne!! (come on, it's the language of love) つまりは良い!! (you can't blame me, I work in a dojo).

Anyhow, maybe I should stop. I think I have achieved all that the stereotype of a geek stands for today. I started a blog (cool dude!) I quoted myself discussing the space/time continual (...why?) I related my already half-assed blog to Star Wars (i mean you can just stop there, I've had enough man [seriously though, you all know you love Star Wars]) In an attempt to throw some cool on this thing, I had to bring up the fact that I worked at an amazing day camp this summer (dawg, I worked there too. you're not special) I now feel the need to explain some of my jokes just because I'm worried no one understands me (finally you get one thing right, that stuff about California? garbage deluxe my man, sorry) Then I began to make fun of myself, classic attempt at a cover-up (so true, but "You're still crazy Spencer!") And now, on top of all that. I actually had to write this last paragraph to save you the effort of thinking. Instead you can just read your thoughts, because I typed them out for you in parenthesis right there on the screen...yeah it's fine, thank me later.

And all of the sudden I feel really good about myself and my work now. Which makes it terribly hard to close because I feel like the last words need to live up to the super great amazingness that is this blog post. And as you know by now, I'm not exactly great with words, so...

Music. It's a universal language, there's no need for me to explain it (or fail to explain it).

Song posted below. Let's end on a good note...or a terrible pun. My apologies.

Enjoy





No comments:

Post a Comment